Wednesday, September 17, 2008

When opportunity knocks...

As the staff and I were walking out to the parking lot at closing time last night, a young woman ran over and shouted, "Someone stole my car!"

She told us that earlier she had had some trouble with her car as she was parking at the library and called AAA. They came and fixed whatever it was and she went into the library, LEAVING HER KEYS IN THE CAR DOOR (of course she didn't realize that at the time). Two hours later at closing time she discovered the car was gone. Well, duh.

Two of us waited with her until the cops arrived. She kept talking about how shocking it was that someone would do that, but in my mind, with the keys hanging in the door, the car was just sitting there shouting at passersby, "Steal me!!" Now I know there are honest people in the world who would have taken the keys into the library and turned them in, but that's not how it went down.

I bet she won't do THAT again.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Wow, and even worse, if her insurance company finds out she left the keys, they might not cover it!