Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Free still beats cheap

A young guy (fantasy, RPG-type) came in today to ask for a book. While I was looking for it, he stated that he used to live near a discount bookstore, where they would order any book he wanted at a cheap price. I countered with, "Now you can get them for free!" to which he replied, "Yeah, but I have to give 'em back." Well, there is that.

I still think free beats cheap any day. And (dare I admit this?) I can't remember the last time I actually bought a book. Why would I buy books when I can get pretty much any book I could possibly want, for free? Plus, I don't have to lug big boxes of books around when I move.

Working at the library does have some advantages.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Very true! Speaking of books, you need to email me that book title you told me about, the dog training family? :)