Friday, September 5, 2008

A good day

Yesterday was a good day at the library. Company X FINALLY sent someone to repair our public printers (which have been down for several weeks), so now we only have one out of service (it needs a part, of course).

Our alarm system, which had been malfunctioning for several days, requiring a bypass (sounds like open heart surgery, doesn't it? Sometimes it feels like it - with ME as the patient!), was repaired by a very nice technician who actually asked for me so he could give me an update before he left - amazing!

I contacted the company that supports our color copiers (not our black and white copiers - that's a DIFFERENT company) and scheduled a service call to put our color copier back in service (which has been down since May). I'm hoping they will be out by next week sometime - that would be awesome.

The person in charge of the city tech support department called to tell me that all of our computers will be upgraded next week, which supposedly will help with some of the issues we've been having. We'll see, but it was good to hear anyway.

We got a new volunteer who is in library school and is a workaholic - she got SO much done it was wonderful.

I got my odious monthly reports finished ON TIME! Whoo-hoo!

The A/C didn't go off - it stayed on ALL DAY!

And (this is not technically library related, but it really made my day), my very generous BF gave me a 1 terabyte (!!) external hard drive for my computer at home. What a nice guy. :-)

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Ok. I am literally green with envy right now. I SO need one of those, maybe 2 or 3 TB, I'm not sure... :oP