Monday, August 18, 2008

Update on meeting room snafu

After our stressful morning the other day, things started looking up in the afternoon when the organizer of the group whose meeting somehow got deleted from our meeting room schedule came over and apologized for getting so angry. It's amazing what a difference a few hours can make. We were both so antagonistic in the morning during the inital confrontation but later on we had both calmed down and were able to have a cordial conversation. This is not to say that I no longer have bad feelings towards this group - with them it's always something - but at least this particular crisis was resolved with nobody going away dissatisfied.

My own difficulty with remaining calm in the face of accusations and verbal abuse is part of the problem, of course. My response to their belligerence was anger, and showing that only escalated the unpleasantness. When am I going to get control of my quick temper?? Gotta work on that.

Ommmmmmmmmm....

2 comments:

Sharon said...

And most people think of the library as synonymous with peace and quiet, LOL! I'm laughing at the other librarian bloggers - "Surly","Annoyed", "bitter" and "repressed"...that tells the story right there! ;o)

Sharon said...

Oh - and once you get your hair-trigger temper under control, get with me and teach me how to do it! LOL