Friday, August 8, 2008

Sex in the library



Apparently the library is a very arousing place. Years ago I was working at a small branch library that had those convex mirrors at the corners. It was very quiet and I thought everyone had gone, but I noticed some movement in one of the mirrors. We were about to close so I went over to check it out. It turned out to be a horny teenaged boy who just couldn't keep his hands off of himself. He literally ran away in what I assume was abject mortification. Poor kid. It was pretty amusing.

Some years later I was working at a much larger library and there was a man who kept exposing himself outside of the children's department. The large picture windows afforded the kids a wonderful view of this perv. Outraged parents would report him but he would always be gone by the time staff members investigated. Luckily, the police were able to catch him, um, red-handed (so to speak) one evening, and that was the end of that.

My friend who works in the Main Library downtown told me this story recently: apparently this young couple was so impatient to get at each other that they started having sex in the copier room. When security arrived, they basically seemed unconcerned and more than anything were annoyed at having been interrupted.

I guess there's something just so...forbidden about sex in the library that makes it more appealing to the adventurous (and libidinous) sort. I've always found it rather amusing. Beats customers hitting each other! But I will save that for another post. :-)

No comments: