Sunday, August 3, 2008

I know it's been done before, but...

Yup, I'm another librarian planning to blog about the crazy stuff that happens in the public library on almost a daily basis. For years my librarian friends and I have said to each other, "We should write this stuff DOWN!" when some new nearly unbelievable thing happens. Well, I'm going to try to do just that. Some of it will be funny, some of it will be kinda mean, some of it will be me on my soapbox, some of it will just be rants - but all of it will be true.

I'm not gonna identify myself except to say that I work at a large branch library in a fairly large city (population close to 1,000,000). I've been a librarian for over 20 years, almost all of them in public libraries around the country.

Public libraries are truly open to all, which means public librarians see just about every facet of society at one time or another. It can be very stressful at times (not enough staff, budget cuts, rude customers, etc.), but it can also be very entertaining. Let the blogging commence!

No comments: